5 Elements Restaurant
- Sun12:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Tue11:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Wed11:00 AM - 8:00 PM3:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Thu11:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Fri11:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Sat11:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Order Delivery & Pickup Online
- Fresh Spring Rolls
- Egg Rolls
- Ha Noi Grilled Squid Salad
- Egg Rolls
About 5 Elements Restaurant
- The ancient Chinese YIN-YANG scholars believed that there are two natural, complementary and contradictory forces in our universe. The scholars named them as YIN and YANG. YIN represents the female, negative, darkness, softness, moisture, night-time, even numbers and docile aspects of things. YANG represents the male, positive, brightness, hardness, dryness, day-time, odd numbers and dominant aspects. YIN and YANG are continually in the state of flux and always looking for the BALANCE point. One moves , the other responses. Therefore, ancient scholars treated this natural phenomenon as a natural universal law.
These scholars also believed that our universe consisted of five basic elements, which are Metal, Water, Wood, Fire and Earth (Soil). Everything, including humans, in the universe (between Heaven and Earth) must have a relationship with these five elements. So they tried to apply the five elements not only to every physical thing in the world, but also to the Colors, Directions, Seasons and Sounds. They even applied to the Years, Months, Days, Hours, Minutes and Seconds of the Chinese Calendar. Now, people are able to know their five-element weights from their birth date and time. Based on the combination of these five-element weights plus the concept of the natural phenomenon, they can tell the rise and fall of human destiny (fate) cycle.
FIVE ELEMENTS does not only mean metal, water, wood, fire and soil. The "element" in Chinese also means MOVEMENT, CHANGEABLE and DEVELOPMENT. These elements have their Ying and Yang sides too. They are moving, waning, waxing and changing all the time. Just like Ying and Yang, the movements of five elements are slow and stable when they are in kind of balance. If they are out of balance, then the movements are unstable and unpredictable. When a person is in a stable (five-element) environment, he should live peacefully. When a person is in an unpredictable environment, he is easily out of control. A person will feel lucky when everything is under control. A person will feel bad luck when everything is out of control.
In the fortune-telling system, we want to use metal, water, wood, fire and earth as the five elements to explain everything. Metal stands for mineral, gold, jewelry, iron, rock or something hard. Water stands for liquid or something cold. Wood stands for tree or something to do with wood. Fire stands for Sun, fire, heat, light or something hot. Earth stands for soil, dust or ground. There are affinity and enmity relationships between five elements.
The affinity relationship means supporting, helping, producing, etc.
• Water is the supporting element of Wood. Wood can release the power of Water.
• Wood is the supporting element of Fire. Fire can release the power of Wood.
• Fire is the supporting element of Earth. Earth can release the power of Fire.
• Earth is the supporting element of Metal. Metal can release the power of Earth.
• Metal is the supporting element of Water. Water can release the power of Metal.
The enmity relationship means fighting, conflicting, rejecting, etc.
• Water and Fire are enemies. Water overwhelms the movement of Fire.
• Wood and Earth are enemies. Wood overwhelms the movement of Earth.
• Fire and Metal are enemies. Fire overwhelms the movement of Metal.
• Earth and Water are enemies. Earth overwhelms the movement of Water.
• Metal and Wood are enemies. Metal overwhelms the movement of Wood.